Rattan Dents, Gouges & Scratches
- Clean Soft Rag
- Steel Wool or Fine Grit Sandpaper
- Blush Spray Paint
- Appropriately Colored Furniture Touch-Up Marker
- Appropriately Colored Furniture Fill Stick
Always wear eye and skin protection to prevent liquid or other materials from entering your body.
Cleaning and Maintaining Rattan:
Rattan should be maintained like any other wood furniture. Vacuum your rattan and wicker pieces occasionally with a soft brush attachment to remove dust. Use wood furniture polish such a Murphy's Oil Soap® or Pledge® as directed to keep clean the original finish.
Pecan Glaze: Use Maple Brown or Cherry Universal Touch Up Marker. Fill Stick 230-0408 or similar dark color as the wood.
Whitewash: Whitewash Marker (blend with your finger or paper towel if too light)
Natural: Clear Coat Spray
- If surface is not smooth, sand first with steel wool or fine grit sandpaper.
- Apply marker to the affected and surrounding areas and blend.
- Blend with your finger or paper towel.
- If a darker touch up is needed, let dry for 30 seconds and reapply marker.
- If the shine on the finish is not consistent apply blush spray, remembering to spray the surrounding areas to blend.
Remove Dents and Gouges:
- Apply a fill stick that is a similar to your furniture's finish.
- Firmly rub the fill stick over the area.
- Blend with your finger or a paper towel.
- Remove the extra fill stick material off the surrounding area.
- Spray lightly with glass to match the original shine.
- Rub with lemon oil OR apply blush spray.